the small moments in my life that take up the most room in my heart
Monday, November 29, 2010
Being Grateful
This Thanksgiving we had a reunion. All of the Paddens (some of us now known by other names) got together to be grateful. We visited Dad's grave at the cemetary on Friday.
The cousins are so reminiscent of us as kids. They love fiercly, as well as fight too. Like a pack of puppies. (Luca is missing from this shot because he's on my hip as I took the photo.)
They traipsed around together, calling after one another and laughing. It was magic watching them all play for four straight days. We all had heavy hearts when it was over.
We decorated a tree at my dad's graveside with Christmas ornaments. One for each child.
They carefully looped their ornaments to the tree. I watched them and recognized that we are all so intimately tied to one another. Through thick and thin.
They piled in front of their Papa's headstone and I snapped a photo. (Again, Luca is on his Mama's hip.) I looked at all of their sweet faces and felt this surge of pride. These little ones are really the center of our family. The next generation.
beautifully written as always Meghan, thank you for sharing such an intimate and special day for your family.
ReplyDelete